Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Buyer – Category Manager Grocery
One of the country’s Top Retailers, located in the Virginia area, is growing leaps and bounds with plans to open or remodel close to 3,000 stores this year. Company is looking for a talented Buyer/Category Manager to manage their HUGE Grocery and Snack categories which is one of the highest volume categories in the company.
Associates in this company exceeded their goals and bonus payouts were huge!
This organization is opening STORES and the CEO stated they could grow to almost 24,000 stores in the future!
We are looking for corporate Retail Buyers or Category Managers with current, or previous Buying experience in any large consumables category of Candy, Snacks, Dry Grocery, Beverage, Frozen Goods. Candidates must have strong vendor negotiation skills, experience managing a large volume category and product development/private label experience.
We are looking for high potential candidates with the ability to move up within this organization to Director and VP level roles.
- Develop and execute buying strategies designed to meet or exceed sales, margin and inventory turnover goals
- Manage all aspects of the merchandise offering including product selection, vendor negotiations, promotional planning, store placement and distribution.
- Integrate brand (including private label), sourcing, marketing, tech services and retail supply chain functions into the merchandising process to make business decisions.
- Provide strategic input to the Merchandise Planners to develop a merchandise plan and complete accurate forecasts by evaluating all relevant financial information, including current trends and anticipated market changes.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendor partners and consistently operate within company standards, policies and codes of ethics
- Coach and develop Associate and Assistant Buyers, as well as Merchandise Assistants, to ensure growth and readiness for next level position
- 3-5+ years of related experience as a Retail Buyer or Category Manager in Grocery
- Ideally a blend of product development and national branded buying experience
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Windows-based programs
- Strong retail math skills
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS:
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- Equity, annually
- Full benefits and 401(k)
- Full relocation assistance
- Future growth opportunities within an expanding team