Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Buyer – Product Development Manager
Product Development Manager – Sunny Florida!
Bayside Search Group is looking for a Product Development Manager for one of the top Broker and Consulting Importers in the Country that has been in business for over 40 years. This position is based in beautiful “Sunny” Jacksonville Florida. In this position you would be developing promotional merchandising assortments and seasonal plans to meet the emerging trends with some of the top retail companies in the industry selling into 14,000 doors across the country.
In this position you will be sourcing select category lines in: seasonal, general merchandise, and promotional products such as Holiday, Halloween, outdoor furniture, Christmas, accessories, summer toys, beach and swim accessories, lawn and garden, plush toys, barbeque grills, battery operated toys, housewares, dinnerware, wicker, back to school, and domestics.
These categories are preferred, but if candidate has strong Product Development in other categories, they will be considered.
- Source and develop new products or promotional opportunities both domestically and Internationally
- Develops, implements and manages product lifecycle of new and existing products, establish retail and promotional pricing strategy for assigned categories.
- Manages the product development process, providing data related to the opportunity, the marketplace, product positioning, revenue, unit cost forecasting.
- Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships; hold suppliers accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed.
- Will cultivate consumer insights, market data and trends that help their business identify opportunities to grow new and existing assortments.
- Identify and keep up to date on emerging trends in marketplace by market analyze, shopping competition
- Business Acumen: Experience in the product development life cycle is a required along with strong business and financial acumen. A strong understanding of gross margin. Ability to use data analytics to guide decisions & judgment.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years Retail Buying, Product Management or Sourcing experience
- Education – Bachelor’s preferred, but strong background in industry also acceptable.
- Sound negotiating and communication skills
- Strong analytical and PC skills, with emphasis on spreadsheet applications
- Possess the creative ability to operate independently and be self-motivated to work in a results oriented environment
- Able to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines
What this Company has to offer:
- Full Benefits – Employee portion 100% paid for
- 401(k) Program
- Employee’s portion of benefits is 100% paid
- Vacation Policy
- Relocation: Partial Relocation benefits including temporary housing