Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Director of Merchandising Ecommerce
We are hiring for a Director Merchandising – Ecommerce. Our client is in an exciting phase of growth and a highly successful direct to consumer business selling their private label products on Amazon. If you are a Senior Buyer, Senior Category Manager, Category Director with direct-to-consumer expertise, this is a HOT opportunity with enormous growth potential to learn from one of the most successful D2C organizations.
- Drives financial performance against goals – segment P&L and KPIs – sales, profit, growth. Creates annual P&L budgets (Revenue, AGM, PPC %, CMR) per assigned brand.
- Leads development of priorities & execution against growth strategy for the assigned scope.
- Guide’s managers to effectively drive category KPIs with effective analysis & decision making. Understands and masters every aspect of the ecosystem in which products are selling (i.e., competitor’s landscape, industry’s landscape).
- Guide’s manager decisions on current product line(s) & product lifecycle including: Pricing, new products, current product optimization & obsolescence.
- Uses data and category landscape knowledge to identify opportunities for new products and propose new ideas to PDO team. Work closely with the PDO team to maintain a product portfolio optimized for quality and costs. Accountable for the successful launch of new portfolio products.
- Utilizes data-derived insights to establish new product priorities.
- Troubleshoots, guides, trains, and mentors’ managers to succeed in day-to-day operations.
- Works collaboratively with and provides priorities to PDO, Project Management and Marketing teams.
- Previous position of Category Director or Senior Category Manager.
- 10+ years of packaged goods and/or e-commerce category management experience, ideally in corporate and startup environments.
- Fluent English.
- Ability to develop metrics, analyze data quantitatively and identify opportunities and solve problems.
- Ability to balance strategic planning & operational execution.
- Knowledge of Amazon sales tactics, front & back-end experience & execution to drive KPIs preferred.
- Adept at working in a cross-functional, matrixed organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred.
- Position may require travel.
WHAT THIS COMPANY HAS TO OFFER:
- Enormous learning and growth opportunities in a rapidly expanding direct to consumer business.
- Competitive base pay
- Annual bonus
- Unlimited vacation
- Relocation benefits
- Hybrid work model between HQ & home.