Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Director of Merchandising
Looking for job security during uncertain times? Looking for a place where you will not only have security, but also advancement opportunity?
Bayside Search Group is working with one of the country’s Top Retailers, that is growing and looking for an experienced Director of Merchandising. This Director will be responsible for leading a large team of merchants through exciting new merchandising strategies!
This industry leader’s business is on FIRE, they are continually expanding, and offering tremendous growth opportunity!
Candidates for this opportunity must have a strong Closeouts or Off Price category background! Our ideal candidate is both innovate and highly analytical, with a proven track record of delivering results and managing a large P&L! Candidates for this Director role must be great team leaders, with a keen ability to teach, train, and develop others!
- Responsible for defining the Category Strategy for their respective Category (with input from team members) and ensuring that this strategy aligns with the Corporate strategy and meets targeted financial objectives
- Responsible for defining assortment targets and accountable for the assortment offered for all banners, channels and countries in their Category
- Responsible for developing products to drive the success and performance of their Category
- Responsible for collaborating with the Vendor and Inventory Management organization to identify new sources of supply, prepare for overseas buying trips, select vendors, and negotiate costs for their Category
- Consulted on all financial and assortment planning activities for their Category. Ensures plans align with the Category Strategy and business objectives, and that buys align with assortment targets
- Responsible for approval on all plan-o-guides, display guides, flow guides, and planners within their Category prior to communication to stores
- Responsible for collaborating with the Vendor Management and Inventory Management organization to manage and direct relationships and performance of those vendors that support their Category
- Accountable for the selection of all products from their Category that are included in a promotional program
- Responsible for leading, mentoring and providing guidance to the Category Team as well as training and developing the Merchandising organization
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years’ experience Retail/discount merchandising, including overseas buying experience
- Broad assortment strategy and definition experience
- Market and trend analysis experience
- Creativity – big idea development
- Proven vendor selection and management skills; strong negotiating skills
- Product development with extensive knowledge of products and trends
- Category management experience including category P&L responsibilities and team management
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS:
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- Full benefits and 401(k)
- Full relocation assistance
- Future growth opportunities within an expanding team