Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Director of Supply Chain and Logistics – Remote
Are you ready to Lead and Launch the supply chain and logistics organization for a retail convenience grocery startup launching in the US in the near future?
Bayside Search Group is currently working with a rapidly expanding European Ecommerce startup company that has opened this successful concept in numerous European cities and is now coming to the US in major cities, and Bayside is looking for an experienced Head of Supply Chain and Logistics.
Imagine playing a role in changing how groceries are ordered and delivered in cities all over the US. Bayside Search Group is working with this rapidly growing company in building an outstanding organization with skilled candidates from the omni channel and retail world. This company is focused on building a diverse and inclusive company culture and aim to become a global leader in on-demand retail.
REMOTE OPPORTUNITY – no relocation required.
Will travel up to 25% – 50% to major cities to support launch and ongoing operations.
Are you looking for a change? Looking to build a company from the ground up in the Ecommerce grocery industry? Now is the time!
As Head of Supply Chain and Logistics for this US launch you will have the most consequential role in the decision making process of this operation and report directly to the Head of Commercial Operations with main focus in determining all of the Supply Chain and Logistics area, overseeing:
- Supply Chain: How to get products to all Distribution points
- Central Warehousing: Manage entire supply chain process
- Capital expenditure: Set up central warehousing operations
- Hire a first-in-class team of Supply Chain and Logistics Managers and Analyst and set the goals and strategic direction for the Supply Chain & Logistics division both centrally and local to relevant markets
- Ensure products get from the supplier to shelves on time and in the right quantities through accurate forecasting and demand planning
- Develop and launch an ERP and WMS
- Manage the central warehouse operations across all cities, from the conception to implementation phases
- Work with Merchandising teams to ensure adequate scale to meet rapidly growing demand
- Implement redistribution playbook among distribution points by managing inventory in location
- Work with headquarters to learn about and implement best practices from other markets
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Merchandising or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Experience with E2E supply chain
- Affinity for using data to make strategic decisions
- A strong understanding of the grocery and convenience market – and a willingness to disrupt the way it currently operates
- Experienced leading a team in a rapid changing environment
- Clear understanding of how to build departments from the ground up with a focus on streamlined processes and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership abilities within grocery retail
- Ability to travel up to 50% to different marketplaces as needed
- Experienced building out ERP / WMS systems
- Experience in a start-up environment – Grocery / Food & Beverages ideal
- Steep learning curve from day one. Growing fast, unlimited opportunity for growth
- Work from home capability
- Health benefits
- Great opportunity to build something you are proud of. This company is growing fast, which means that the opportunities are virtually limitless.
- An awesome team spirit and an exciting workplace with a dynamic and international environment.