Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Ecommerce Assistant Buyer/Assistant Merchant
An expanding E Commerce retailer/wholesaler based in Phoenix Arizona is looking for talented Assistant Merchants. Wouldn’t living in Arizona be great?
Is working for a growing company that is a mission driven organization that puts people first important to you? Bayside Search Group is partnering with a Ecommerce retail/wholesale company that is looking for Assistant Buyer/Assistant Merchants, that have a passion for helping others; non-profits, community heroes, schools, churches, and philanthropies by providing critically needed goods for those that need it, when they need it.
The ideal assistant buyer is analytical, results-oriented, and views the business through the lens of the customer.
A day in the life…
- Work with the Merchandise Team to support the Buyers in analyzing the business by season and help develop merchandising strategies.
- Build an understanding of the market and competitors in their category.
- Establish a clear understanding of the seasonal category merchandise strategy.
- Pull reporting, analyze sales, identify merchandising opportunities and risks across multiple categories.
- Analyze prices of similar products being sold by competitors and make recommendations for price changes.
- Help prepare for monthly vendor meetings and Tradeshows.
- Negotiate product costs and terms.
- Contribute to negotiations of exclusive offerings, terms, pricing, vendor-funded markdowns, return-to-vendor agreements, drop-ship programs, co-op, etc.
- Collaborate closely with vendors, suppliers, and cross-functional partners.
- Partner with vendors to acquire digital imagery, marketing assets, and physical samples of new and existing products.
- Work with the Buyer(s) to analyze business and make recommendations.
- Be a student of the business regarding effective analysis and decision making to improve category performance.
- Participate in business reviews to develop a greater understanding of how specific actions impact overall category results.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience in retail merchandising, planning or analysis; including a minimum of 1 year experience in the Ecommerce channel.
- Experience managing high volume, high number of SKUs and multiple vendor partnerships.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and are self-motivated.
- Base pay, monthly bonus, profit sharing
- 401K with match
- Knowing you’re helping others in need and making a difference in the world