Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
ECommerce Site Merchandise Manager – Grocery (Remote)
Are you ready to Launch the Ecommerce site of select categories of the Buying organization for a retail convenience grocery start-up launching in the US in the near future?
Bayside Search Group is currently working with a rapidly expanding European Ecommerce startup company that has opened this successful concept in numerous European cities and is now coming to the US in major cities, and Bayside is looking for an experienced Ecommerce Site Merchandise Manager.
Imagine playing a role in changing how groceries are ordered and delivered in cities all over the US. Bayside Search Group is working with this rapidly growing company in building an outstanding organization with skilled candidates from the omni channel and retail world. This company is focused on building a diverse and inclusive company culture and aim to become a global leader in on-demand retail.
REMOTE OPPORTUNITY – no relocation required.
Will travel up to 25% to major cities to support launch and ongoing operations.
Are you looking for a change? Looking to build a company from the ground up in the Ecommerce grocery industry? Now is the time!
As a Manager of Site Merchandising for this US launch you will have a significant role in the decision-making process of this operation and report directly to the Head of Buying with main focus in determining all of the Logistics area, overseeing:
- Site Merchandising – How the items on the site look, are priced, and are promoted
- The Manager of Site Merchandising is responsible for building the merchandising strategy for each merchandise category
- Manage all aspects of the merchandise status process and lifecycle from product build to go-live. Partner with vendors to ensure all product is launched on the web on a timely basis.
- Develop and implement best practices in all areas of site merchandising to increase sales, profit, conversion and customer experience. Strive to be best-in-class in site-merchandising.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure all items have cross-sells, correct assortments, specifications and copy points.
- Be an expert on the competition – pricing, web sites, and assortment. Leverage learnings to improve customer shopping experience.
- Hire, train, and mentor a first-in-class team of Site Merchandise Analysts
- Work closely with the Product, and Tech teams to create the core of our digital marketplace
- Manage data entry, compliance and accuracy
- Support Operations and Warehousing on the product queries
- Merchandising and taxonomy of products in the app
- Focus on outstanding customer experience and data completion
- Create awareness and upsell products through product placement and
- recommendations based on data and collaborating with leadership team
- Proactively provide data and business intelligence
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Merchandising or related field
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with a leading Retailer, Ecommerce, CPG in eCommerce or Site Merchandising
- Affinity for using data to make strategic decisions
- Experienced with E2E Supply Chain
- A strong understanding of the retail grocery/convenience market – and a willingness to disrupt the way it currently operates
- Experienced leading a team in a rapid changing environment
- Solid Understanding in ecommerce KPIs and site merchandising metrics to drive business results
- Strong leadership skills, experience managing a team
- Ability to travel between 25% to different marketplaces as needed
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS:
- Steep learning curve from day one. Growing fast, unlimited opportunity for growth
- Work from home capability
- Health benefits
- Great opportunity to build something you are proud of. This company is growing fast, which means that the opportunities are virtually limitless.