Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Hybrid Northeast – Retail Director of Merchandising – Off Price
Are you interested in a Director of Merchandising role in a thriving retail industry – retail liquidation to help retailers sell excess inventory and provide low-cost goods to consumers?
Bayside Search Group is partnering with a Retail Liquidation Company that is growing, profitable, and looking to add a Director of Merchandising position for overstock, excess goods, and closeouts for sale through their group of retail store locations. This company is experiencing exceptionally high market growth and anticipates acceleration for many years and additional store openings. Candidates must be based in the Northeast to work in this Hybrid role. (There may be relocation assistance for the right candidate)
In this position, you would be involved in the acquisition of excess inventory from major retail organizations, manufacturers, and distributors of overstock/excess products. Categories vary based on availability but includes apparel (all genders) footwear, home, housewares, all general merchandise, furniture, “just about everything!”
This retail organization is privately owned who has a proven track record of building business, debt-free, and has immediate plans to open to 2-3 additional stores immediately and future growth to expand to this company regionally, and possibly nationally.
- Work closely with management and buying team to develop, and implement an overall buying and resale strategy to purchase and resell consumer goods to customers through retail liquidation stores
- Possess pre-existing relationships with networks of buying organizations from retailers, manufacturers, or distributors, and leverage those relationships to purchase products and sell products at a deep discount price to the consumer.
- Identify and source consumer goods for resale consistent with the strategies and plans. This could be through other retailers, manufacturers who may have closeouts, overruns, stressed out or overstocks.
- Negotiate price and other terms and conditions consistent with financial models and CLOSE the deal.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, retail buying industry experience a plus
- Prefer retail, off-price or closeout buying experience or have either manufacturing, buying, or selling into retail companies
- Must have solid and proven hunting and closing skills
- Willingness to travel 25% domestically
- Hybrid position, preferably living in the Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York area
What This Company Offers
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential beginning fall 2023
- Full healthcare provided at start date
- Cell phone and laptop
- 401k program beginning fall 2023