Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Bayside Search Group Fort Myers, Florida, United States (On-site)
Bayside Search Group, a leading Search Firm specializing in the Retail Industry, is partnering with a Women’s Apparel Specialty Retailer on several Buyer/Product Development Merchant opportunities. If you want out of the long cold winters this might be something to seriously consider.
Our ideal candidate has a buyer/merchant background in any Women’s Apparel category:
Tops, bottoms, woven’s, knits, denim, swim, sleepwear, intimate apparel, PLUS, a passion for developing product label product with inhouse and external design teams.
The Buyer/Product Development Merchant is accountable for developing and leading a product strategy and roadmap, including developing the brand aesthetic, defining and refining existing product assortments, and effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to grow revenue and align with the financial, merchandising, and company strategies.
- Lead and develop merchandise strategy to grow revenue and achieve business goals.
- Lead and partner cross functionally to ensure communication and process flow between teams is mutually supportive.
- Develop exclusive branded product that meets company requirements for design, execution and value.
- Represents the voice of the customer; has deep knowledge of target customer to ensure product and outfitting deliver exceptional customer service.
- Creates strong partnerships among cross functional areas including Planning, Design, Product Development, Sourcing, Marketing, Site Merchandising Operations, International, Allocation, and Visual.
- Partners with the Design, Sourcing, and Product Development teams to ensure proper fit and quality of merchandise.
- Determines quantities to order by style, size, and color; validate to KPI objectives, Line Plan and OTB plan.
- Partners with Marketing to understand (Omni) floor set visual placement of product and impact on sales. Works with Visual team and Merchant leaders on key initiatives requiring marketing and visual placement.
- Highly creative with an ability to identify and react to trends
- Proven track record in product development
- Strong financial acumen with accountability to results
- Strong leadership skills, with ability to communicate with executive level
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to influence partners and peers
- Collaborative and able to adapt to change
- 5+ years retail merchandising experience, with 2+ years buying / product development
- Bachelor’s degree
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS:
- Awesome, fun and lively office culture, just a few miles from beautiful beaches & sunsets.
- Competitive pay, plus annual bonus and LTI (long term incentive)
- Fabulous Relocation benefits
- Medical, dental, vacation and MORE.