Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Packaging Engineer Manager – Hybrid
Bayside Search Group is working with an International Retailer that has been expanded dramatically here in the US and looking at doubling there store count in next few years.
In this position, you’ll help create stronger, more sustainable, and more impactful packaging solutions for their customers. You’ll lead a team of packaging engineers and collaborate with cross functional teams to bring the packaging solutions to life on shelf, and partner with suppliers to develop solutions along the way. This position will report to the Director of Brand & Packaging Design.
This position is Hybrid, requiring 2-3 days in office or visiting local store and 1 or 2 days working from home.
- Review & Approve Engineer work for cross-functional team
- Collaborate with team for strategy, sustainability solutions & reporting
- Prepare & execute monthly in-store packaging optimization strategy meetings with buyers
- Develop team member to grow industry knowledge & develop best practices
- Assist suppliers with developing new packaging and continuously improving existing packaging within Lidl guidelines
- Work with buyers to provide clear packaging opportunities, solutions and strategic roadmaps for key goals.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to reach goals for the business and across various International Countries
- Lead and present to the business as a subject matter expert in packaging types, sustainable alternatives, optimization strategies, print process & press checks
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in preferably in Packaging Engineering or similar field
- 3-5 years of experience in packaging engineering (retail, consumer goods, or manufacturing)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading and developing a team
- Knowledgeable in packaging materials, usages, risks, and alternatives including: paperboard, corrugated, rigid and flexible polymers, glass, and metal
- Strong understanding of printing processes, press check, and proofing process.
- Proven leadership abilities
- CPG, FMCG or retail food packaging experience
- Strong fundamental knowledge of brand building, brand architecture and packaging design in the private label or national brand environment
What You’ll Receive
- Medical | Dental | Vision coverage
- Paid Holiday & Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k Plan (+ 5% company match and no vesting schedule)
- Competitive base salary
- Relocation assistance