Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Retail Buyer Grocery – REMOTE
Are you ready to redefine the convenience grocery retail industry? Bayside Search Group is currently working with a rapidly expanding European startup company that has opened this successful concept in numerous European cities and is now coming to the US in major cities, and Bayside is looking for experienced Grocery Buyers for the following categories: Center Store – National Brands – Meat – Seafood.
These positions will be remote!
Imagine playing a role in changing how groceries are ordered and delivered in cities all over the US. Bayside Search Group is working with this rapidly growing company in building an outstanding organization with skilled candidates from the omni channel and retail world. This company is focused on building a diverse and inclusive company culture and aim to become a global leader in on-demand retail.
Are you looking for a change? Looking to build a company from the ground up in the grocery industry? Now is the time!
REMOTE OPPORTUNITY – no relocation required.
Will travel up to 25% – 50% to major cities to support launch into other cities and ongoing operations.
As Grocery Buyer, for this US launch you will have the most consequential role in the decision making process of this operation and report directly to the Head of Grocery Buying with main focus in determining merchandise strategies, overseeing:
- Determine which products to buy, in which quantities, and when.
- Category Management: plan and execution of assortment strategy covering a range of SKU’s, selection of Vendors
- Hire, train, and mentor Junior Buyers
- Set the goals and strategic direction for the Buying organization to ensure rapid scalability
- Establish hyper local teams in markets to ensure relevancy with consumers
- Identify and foster quality supplier relationships
- Establish department-wide quality processes and pricing optimization tools
- Drive strategic buying decisions across all of our markets with data-driven insights
- Work with headquarters to learn about and implement best practices from our other markets
- Optimize shelf space to maximize revenue per order and reduce cannibalization across categories
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Merchandising or related field
- 3+ years of experience in Grocery Buying / Category Management
- Advanced knowledge in category management and/or product development
- Ability to effectively manage negotiations and conduct category management
- Demonstrated leadership abilities within grocery retail
- Experience in a start-up environment – Grocery / Food & Beverages ideal
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS:
- Steep learning curve from day one. Growing fast, unlimited opportunity for growth
- Work from home capability
- Health benefits
- Great opportunity to build something you are proud of. This company is growing fast, which means that the opportunities are virtually limitless.
- An awesome team spirit and an exciting workplace with a dynamic and international environment.