Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Retail District Manager FL
Bayside Search Group is currently working with a Multi-Channel Apparel Retailer who is looking for an experienced District Manager who would lead a group of stores. This candidate can preferably live in or near either of these Florida Cities: Miami, Tampa, Sarasota, Naples, Orlando.
Reporting directly to the VP Stores, District Manager is responsible for the overall sales and profitability of the district through achieving the highest level of customer service. The District Manager ensures that the store meets or exceeds their sales goals and objectives by challenging the staff with regard to sales volume, customer service standards, merchandising, personnel, expense control and operating functions. The District Manager is expected to provide daily support to store management and develop and encourage successful management teams in the stores. This position requires travel to stores in the district but normally works from home on Mondays and Fridays. Due to COVID restrictions in certain area the District manager will do virtual in areas that have stricter restrictions.
- Guarantee service standards are consistently achieved by setting the example and motivating teams on a daily basis to exceed all sales goals
- Ensures Store Managers identify customers within their market and merchandise their stores accordingly
- Ensures stores in the district have adequate and appropriate merchandise to meet customer needs
- Resolves customer service issues in the district
- Plan and set store goals and track the progress to ensure goals are met
- Communicates regularly with Director of Stores regarding operating and merchandise issues
- Makes regular store visits to stores in district to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures set forth by the company
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels based on business trends and payroll guidelines
- Analyze and monitor the sales and expense figures for stores, provide feedback, and make recommendations for improvement to ensure that store profitability is maximized
- Reviews and audits store processes, transactions and paperwork to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Plans and conducts store inventories
- Responsible for the protection of the Company assets (Inventory, Cash, Store fixturing and all other company property)
- Communicate all loss prevention occurrences to Loss Prevention Manager and Director of Stores
- Adheres to and upholds all policies and procedures regarding loss prevention
- Monitors and ensures compliance with loss prevention policies and procedures
- Ensures excellent customer service at all times in order to prevent possible theft.
- Communicates personnel issues or concerns to Director of Stores and Human Resources to ensure appropriate action
- Consistently and aggressively recruits candidates for store management positions in an effort to maintain a succession plan for future vacancies
- Train, develop and direct Store Management and ensure that stores are adequately staffed at all times and succession plans are appropriately maintained.
- Ensures store managers in district complete appraisals on all staff members
- Ensures store compliance with all personnel policies, procedures and directives
Training and Development
- Trains, motivates, develops and leads store managers in the areas of customer service, operations, loss prevention, store maintenance and merchandise presentation.
- Coaches and counsels store managers on skills and competence in an effort to ensure promotable staff members
- Supervise all phases of management recruitment and hiring. Proactively recruit for future expansion
- 3 years of multi-store leadership experience at area management level or district management level
- Experience in specialty apparel retail preferred.