Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Retail Head of Grocery – Produce (Remote)
Are you ready to Lead and Launch the Produce organization for a retail convenience grocery start-up launching in the US in the near future?
Bayside Search Group is currently working with a rapidly expanding European Ecommerce startup company that has opened this successful concept in numerous European cities and is now coming to the US in major cities, and Bayside is looking for an experienced Head of Produce.
Imagine playing a role in changing how groceries are ordered and delivered in cities all over the US. Bayside Search Group is working with this rapidly growing company in building an outstanding organization with skilled candidates from the omni channel and retail world. This company is focused on building a diverse and inclusive company culture and aim to become a global leader in on-demand retail.
REMOTE OPPORTUNITY – no relocation required.
Will travel up to 25% – 50% to major cities to support launch and ongoing operations.
Are you looking for a change? Looking to build a company from the ground up in the “fast growing” Ecommerce grocery industry? Now is the time!
As Head of Produce for this US launch you will have the most consequential roles in the decision making process of this operation and report directly to the Head of Commercial Operations with main focus in determining merchandise strategies, overseeing:
- Determine which produce products to buy, in which quantities, and when.
- Category Management: plan and execution of assortment strategy covering a range of SKU’s, selection of Vendors
- Hire, train, and mentor a first-in-class team consisting of Produce Buyers and Junior Buyers
- Set the goals and strategic direction for the Buying organization to ensure rapid scalability
- Establish hyper local teams in markets to ensure relevancy with consumers
- Identify and foster quality supplier relationships
- Establish department-wide quality processes and pricing optimization tools
- Drive strategic buying decisions across all of our markets with data-driven insights
- Work with headquarters to learn about and implement best practices from our other markets
- Optimize shelf space to maximize revenue per order and reduce cannibalization across categories
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Merchandising or related field
- 5 + years as a Director or Senior Manager of buying or category management in the Produce Buying area.
- Managed a team of Category Managers or Buyers categories.
- Driven and excited to roll their sleeves up to work for an emerging startup
- People who value a collaborative culture and are true team players
- Strong first leaders and cultivators of talent
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Merchandising or related field
- Advanced knowledge in category management and/or product development
- Steep learning curve from day one. Growing fast, unlimited opportunity for growth
- Work from home capability
- Health benefits
- Great opportunity to build something you are proud of. This company is growing fast, which means that the opportunities are virtually limitless.
- An awesome team spirit and an exciting workplace with a dynamic and international environment