Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Senior Technical Designer
Bayside Search Group is currently working with an International Retail & Wholesale Apparel Company looking for an experienced Sr. Technical Designer. Reporting directly to the VP Technical Design, this position is responsible for developing the specs and fit of the garment from initial design concept through to final fit approval for the men’s apparel category. This role is responsible for ensuring fit and consistency and Brand standard for construction throughout the given category. This position requires a high level of technical, process management, and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborate with business partners to obtain clear direction and consensus on design aesthetic, fit intent, and construction
- Develop specifications and garment construction methods for assigned product categories from initial style development and cost engineer for bulk production.
- Lead fit sessions with Design, Merchandising, PD, and Sourcing to develop Brand aesthetic, silhouette, and proportion within the price point for assigned categories.
- Problem solve all technical issues related to fit and execution including fabric application, construction, grading, and cost engineering.
- Effectively communicate fit intent, balance, and construction revisions to OVS partners and Direct Vendors via fit notes, diagrams, ¼ scale pattern corrections, digital photos or in3D.
- Evaluate prototype samples and fit samples for measurement, fit and construction accuracy and quality according to Brand standards.
- Ensure Brand consistency in aesthetic, fit, and construction from vendor to vendor across all styles within a category.
- Proactively identify and solve potential production, quality, and costing issues and make appropriate recommendations for resolutions.
- Ascertain appropriate method of communicating with OVS offices and Direct Vendors to ensure clarity and resolution of issues (video conference, phone, instant message, email, video clips, photos, etc.)
- Track workload deliverables to ensure individual deadlines are met and work with production partners to avoid garment delivery slides.
- Build excellent working relationships with cross functional partners in Design, Merchandising, Sourcing, and Product Development, as well as overseas offices and Direct Vendors.
- A. Apparel Design, Patternmaking, or Apparel Engineering, or job related equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in Technical Design, and at least two other proficiencies: patternmaking, product engineer, garment construction, or pattern grading
- Skilled in fitting garments for assigned product categories
- Ability to analyze fit issues and propose valid and actionable solutions
- Skilled at creating accurate technical spec packages
- Proficient in patternmaking, grading, construction methods and garment engineering for assigned categories
- Understanding of end-to-end product development and apparel production process from concept to delivery
- Knowledge of fabric and inner components, including costs
- Training and experience working in 3D Browzwear Platform software
- Advanced computer skills: Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite (or alternate software), Adobe Illustrator, PLM
- Knowledge of Gerber AccuMark, Lectra, Optitex, Tukatech (or alternate computer patternmaking software), 3D (Browzwear, CLO3D, Optitex, Tukatech or alternate 3D software)
THIS COMPANY OFFERS:
- Competitive base salary with potential bonus
- Full benefits
- Relocation assistance