Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Sr. Director of Merchandising
Senior Director of Merchandising Opportunity:
This position is based in Minneapolis MN and will require the chosen candidate to relocate, if not already in this location. Flexible work with hybrid schedule but must live near the corporate office. Relocation benefits being offered. Please no applications unless willing to relocate.
Bayside Search Group is actively searching for a high potential candidate with lots of ambition to fill a Senior Director of Merchandising role for a Minneapolis based RETAILER that continues to grow, evolve, and innovate to meet consumer demand.
Are you up for a new challenge? Ready to have meaningful impact on the success of this organization?
The Senior Director of Merchandising will develop and execute an omni-channel merchandising strategy that delivers a superior proposition for the company’s current and future customers, maximizing sales and profitability all while leading a high performing team and influencing cross functional partners.
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Responsible for the P&L performance of assigned categories which comprise 1/3 of the total business. High velocity, sku intensive, large volume.
2. Identifies business opportunities and threats based on careful and timely analysis of trends, consumer research, competitors, and vendor relationships, and develops merchandising strategies accordingly.
3. Develops transformational and innovative strategies with 5 year roadmaps that translate to actionable tactics that execute and meet or exceed financial objectives including sales, gross margin, and inventory turn.
4. Develops strategic growth plans across omni-channel format for large, complex and high growth potential categories by identifying market and industry trends that meet diverse customer needs.
5. Translates innovative merchandising strategies into actions that drive revenue growth and create a differentiated market position that fulfill unmet customer needs.
6. Converts consumer insights and research, historical data, sales data, and principles of segmentation into clear plans with achievable objectives that build brand equity, consumer relativity, and contribute positively to business outcomes.
7. Maintains accountability for merchandise division performance, recommends revisions to the merchandise plan/forecast based on sound analysis and ensures corrective actions are implemented.
8. Leads and collaborates across company-wide strategic initiatives to drive revenue, margin growth and process improvement.
9. Maintains effective relationships with vendors while negotiating and providing feedback and developing new partnerships that align with the category(s) growth strategy
10. Leads monthly cross-functional business reviews with Merchandising, Planning, and Allocations Teams.
11. Participates in key external customer touch points to ensure clear understanding of strategy, performance, and product opportunities
12. Partners with brand leadership to deliver key looks, volume drivers, big Ideas for the seasons
13. Actively participates in appropriate business reviews and in-season product movement decisions
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 10 years of related Merchandising, Marketing or Retail strategy experience. Passion for product and the customer.
- At least 3 years managing high performing teams.
- Prior complex P&L management experience
- Possess strong problem-solving , critical thinking, and decision making skills while using good judgement.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality, always.
- Strong analytical acumen and attention to details.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of company and vendor personnel.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
What’s being offered:
- Competitive base salary and annual bonus package
- Relocation benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, along with a host of other benefits
- Vacation, Paid National Holidays
- Hybrid schedule