Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Sr Director Visual Merchandising and Store Planning
Bayside Search Group is currently working with a “One of a Kind” Big Box Hardlines Retailers”. This company is growing and due to the growth they are looking for a Sr Director of Visual Merchandising. This position would be based in Ohio!!
Reporting directly to the Chief Merchandising Officer. This position is responsible for the look and feel of the brand across all stores. By establishing and maintaining strong cross functional partnership with leadership across the Merchandising division and retail store teams, the Sr Director acts as a key stakeholder in delivering financial results that meet or exceed expectations by ensuring accurate execution of strategic product assortment initiatives and in-store visual experiences including new stores.
Company is only looking for candidates that comes out of Hardlines Categories- NOT Apparel.
- Drive space optimization improvements to the in-store experience by providing vision, strategy and direction focused on improving sales, margin, turn, units per transaction and revenue growth.
- Lead and apply the company visual merchandising direction to stores, while ensuring the development of visual merchandise expertise among store and district leadership teams.
- Ability to plan for and meet aggressive project schedule and budgets.
- Serve as the department subject matter expert to the merchant organization, at all levels of leadership, to translate their strategic product vision into the physical space of brick and mortar locations. Provide solutions to maximize space, drive growth, enhance brands and the athlete in-store experience.
- Collaborate with internal business partners across Merchandising, Allocation, Marketing, Store Operations, Construction, and our stores to develop effective strategic plans based on historical trends, future forecasts, store specific insights and current results.
- Analyze performance metrics and provide solutions to larger Visual, Store Environment and Merchant teams to maximize space productivity. Apply expertise to analyze data sets and extract actionable insights to drive space management decisions across product categories. Provide collaborative resolutions when conflicts arise
- Identify analytical tools and reporting needed to support space productivity and create a culture that embraces the utilization of advanced analytics techniques. Regularly review customer insights and the competitive landscape for features and trends as they relate to best practices for in-store merchandising.
- Own the creation, maintenance, and accuracy of the Visual Planning Calendar. Coordinate timing of required merchandising activities and store workload budget to ensure desired results and efficiencies for the stores. Set expectations on timelines and deliverables with partners and hold teams accountable for results.
- Develop the strategic direction of brand space allocation within the larger store footprint. Own the creation, design and budget management/forecasting of shops within shops.
- Own alignment of fixtures and signage to ensure alignment with the brand.
- Supports all visual presentation aspects of new store openings within the company.
- Responsible for all new store and remodel construction projects from beginning to completion. This includes, but is not limited to: Involvement in Leasing, Store design, Selection of Architects and contractors, procurement and installation of all store fixtures, interior and exterior signage, and final store merchandising plans.
- Travel to job sites as necessary to ensure projects are on time and on budget.
- Manage a diverse staff of Sr. Store Planners, Space Planner, Procurement Specialist, and Visual Communications team.
- Directs and coordinates between Architectural and Engineering consultants – contractors, all suppliers and trades persons, and field sales.
- This position requires 50% overnight travel.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 10-15+ years of comparable work experience in Hardlines retail space planning, store planning and design, merchandising, inventory.
- Construction project management knowledge is highly desired.
- In-depth technical knowledge and previous experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Suite.
- Partnering, influencing and negotiating with internal and external partners
- Benefit Coverage – Health, Vision, Dental
- 401K with match
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount that includes a Friends & Family Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement & Education Discounts
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Relocation Assistance