Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Sr Finance Analyst – Stores (Hybrid)
Bayside Search Group is working with a National Ladies Apparel and Accessories Retailer that is seeking a Sr. Analyst, Store Finance to join its team. With more than 1,300 retail locations, this company is profitable and growing in its stores and online presence.
The position is responsible for providing financial analysis, reporting, budgeting and planning expertise for frontline, outlet and International channels in the areas of boutique sales, payroll, expense control and profitability. This position is accountable for analyzing and reporting store performance results and various store financial plans. Delivers on key projects and develops forecasting models that support store planning and profitability. Provides timely analysis on data extracted from various information systems throughout all brands.
- Works with cross functional leaders on bonus, productivity measurements and sales planning opportunities and issues.
- Generates field hierarchy level reporting for sales, store productivity and budgeting for field and corporate leadership.
- Assists with various financial reporting, planning, and forecasting duties to support store budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Executes, tracks, and reports on the monthly store sales plan process, inclusive of individual store plans down to the day level. Analyzes and improves store sales planning process to maximize accuracy.
- Executes weekly store level payroll allocation process. Determines the optimal amount of payroll needed by stores to achieve sales plans and controllable contribution expectations. Drives store by store analysis of personnel costs to ensure appropriate level staffing and coverage. Partners with Store Operations to implement and manage best practices for staffing levels.
- Analyzes brand sales and expense trends to improve accuracy of forecasted results and to identify opportunities for sales and/or expense improvement.
- Develops annual budgets and monthly forecasts for brand headquarters and partners with cross functional leaders to adherence to individual budgets.
- Prepares and analyzes daily customer traffic performance, identifying trends and making recommendations through effective analytical presentation. Develops meaningful exception and ad hoc reporting, variance analyses and narratives.
- Provide advanced analytical support to Brand executives, as needed.
- This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to brand.
- BS or BA Degree in Finance, Economics, Business or Operations required
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting/finance or financial planning, including payroll, financial statements and reporting
- Excellent PC skills – particularly Excel, Access and BI tools
- Prefer previous retail experience
- Experience with SAS Forecast Server, Business Objects Web Intelligence, Hyperion Planning/Excel Add-in and/or other mainframe/analytical systems a plus
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS:
- Competitive base salary with bonus opportunity
- Full benefits and 401(k)
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent work/life balance
- Great growth potential with this expanding organization