Never give up searching for the
job you're passionate about
Technology Procurement Manager
A major “Big Box” retailer based in Ohio is looking for an experienced Buyer of Computer Parts for its Service Repair Centers. This company is a prominent, high volume retail organization that is actively seeking a results-driven, strategic professional to develop and implement services for customers.
This position will be responsible for buying computer service parts to ensure availability for repairs and maintenance within store service centers. This role requires excellent negotiation skills and experience working with suppliers of warranty parts.
- Represent the Service Department in Vendor/Merchandising meetings to support major product lines.
- Coordinate service programs and develop new programs as required.
- Design, plan and implement sourcing and purchasing strategies.
- Manage Service Purchasing team and logistics.
- Maintain in-warranty vendor relationships by negotiating contracts, evaluating vendor performance, participating in vendor conference calls, and assisting with vendor service programs and compliance.
- Set up, negotiate, and maintain out-of-warranty suppliers to support all out-of-warranty parts.
- Support brand products (i.e., Power Specs, 3D printers) including part determinations and setups as well as spare parts ordering and stocking levels.
- Report and communicate to executive team on GL Part costing, margins, inventory turns, markdowns, etc. as defined.
- Regularly monitor and respond to competitor pricing (eg. rate card, service fees, product pricing, etc.)
- Accurately forecast to ensure proper stocking levels on top selling parts.
- Responsible for markdowns and write-offs of aging unused parts
- Ensure all stores are kept to standard on vendor requirements including, but not limited to certifications, procedures, performance metrics, ethics
- Monitor parts usage by store, core returns and unused parts returns. Ensure maximum profitability by managing and ensuring core returns and used parts are returned to the vendors within the specified time frames.
- Interact internally with merchandising, accounting, marketing, distribution, and Executive management.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least three years’ experience negotiating and purchasing computer service parts and warranty services
- Some travel required
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS:
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- Relocation assistance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits Coverage for Regular Full-Time Associates
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement & Education Discounts ·
- Employee Discount that includes a Friends & Family Discount Program
- Vendor & Company Job Training
- Career Advancement Opportunities